Jackpocket Hit it Here Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Eligibility. This “Hit it Here” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to natural persons who are legal residents of Texas, Arkansas and New Mexico (“Participating States”), who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, excluding individuals referenced in the “Sponsor” paragraph below. Void outside of the Participating States and where prohibited. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Sponsor. The Sweepstakes sponsor and administrator is Jackpocket Inc. (the “Sponsor”), located at 145 W 45th St, Floor 12, New York, New York 10036. Sponsor, its advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this Sweepstakes, the Released Parties (as defined below) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assignees, agents, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, and their respective representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, members and employees, including without limitation, the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such individuals, are not eligible to participate.
Entry Period. The Sweepstakes begins on March 30, 2023 at 6:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 1, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s database computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Preconditions for Drawing(s). One or more drawings in this Sweepstakes will take place only if the following conditions are met, and will be subject to these conditions, as well as the Official Rules.
- If a member of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club (the “Team”) hits an Eligible Home Run (as defined below) that meets the below requirements during a Home Game (as defined below), a drawing will be conducted in accordance with these Official Rules to award a prize as described in the Winner(s) and Prize(s) rule below.
- An “Eligible Home Run” is a ball, pitched by an opponent of the Team, that satisfies all of the following conditions: (i) it is hit with a bat by a member of the Team during a regularly scheduled home game, which includes any regularly scheduled home game that has been delayed, at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas (“Stadium”) between the Team and another MLB professional baseball team (“Home Game”); (ii) it is counted and scored by the official scorer of the Home Game as an official “home run”; and (iii) it hits the static bullseye “Hit it Here” sign, which measures forty-eight inches (48”) in diameter located in right field, just inside the foul pole, four hundred and fifty feet (450’) from home plate at a height of one hundred and thirty-five feet (135’) from the playing field to the bottom of the sign, at the Stadium (“Sign”). The home run ball must hit the Sign on the fly, without touching anything else. It may not ricochet off signage or any other object or in any other way be assisted in hitting the Sign. A play nullified by a penalty or otherwise is ineligible to win. The eligibility of the hit is subject to any applicable rules of MLB.
- The hit is further subject to verification by Sponsor and/or by Sponsor’s promotional 3rd party vendor of the Sweepstakes, including verification of game video of the hit. If for any reason the hit is not verified by Sponsor’s promotional 3rd party vendor of the Sweepstakes, no prize will be awarded.
- If a Home Game is rescheduled for any reason, an Eligible Home Run in the official substitute game will be eligible for a prize.
- Any physical modifications to the Stadium that affect the likelihood of Eligible Home Runs being hit will render the Sweepstakes null and void immediately upon such modification(s). The Sweepstakes assumes no deviations from current league rules for the 2023 championship season for the Team, and should there be any league rule change affecting the Sweepstakes, Sponsor shall have the right to terminate the Sweepstakes immediately.
How to Enter. If an Eligible Home Run is hit (up to a maximum of three (3) times total during the Entry Period), all eligible entries received as of 1:00:01 p.m. ET on the day of that Home Game will be included in a random drawing as described in the “Drawing(s)” rule below. Non-winning entries in any drawing remain eligible for any subsequent drawing(s).
There are two ways to enter during the Entry Period:
- Entry with Purchase Via App: First, download or open the Jackpocket mobile application (the “App”) and navigate to the Giveaway Page in the App; second, tap ‘Activate’ for this Sweepstakes; and third, place an official state lottery ticket order on the App from the state lottery where you are physically located in one of the Participating States. Every $1.00 spent on such ticket orders in the same account during the Entry Period after this Sweepstakes has been activated in that account is equal to one (1) entry in this Sweepstakes without need to activate again. Tapping ‘Activate’ does not provide a discount to purchase and is used only to trigger and keep track of entries. For new users, placing an order will require downloading the App, opening and registering an account (“Account”), and funding the Account prior to placing the order. All use of the App is subject to its general terms and conditions at jackpocket.com/tos. Lottery ticket orders made using promotional credits and/or promotional funds will not provide any entries in the Sweepstakes.
In order to enter with purchase via the App, you must have the following versions of iOS or Android, as applicable, installed:
Jackpocket Android Version 2.13.7
Jackpocket iOS Version 2.13.8
- Free Entry via Website: You may also enter for free, without any purchase, by doing the following: First, download the App and open and register an Account, which is free to do; and second, after creating your Account, during the Entry Period, go to https://jackpocket.typeform.com/to/OxFPVE52 (the “Site”), and complete the typeform located there with the following information: full name, phone number, mailing address and the email address you used to register your Jackpocket Account. Each time you properly complete and submit the typeform on the Site, you receive ten (10) entries, which is equal or greater than the average number of dollars currently spent per day by users of the App to purchase state lottery tickets. IMPORTANT: The email address that you enter in the typeform MUST match the email address that you used to register your Jackpocket Account. If the email addresses do not match, then you will not receive any entries for the typeform on which the email addresses did not match. Upon successful completion of both of the steps noted hereunder, you do not need to fund your Jackpocket Account in order to enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period and registering for a Jackpocket Account is free.
Limitations on Entries. LIMIT OF ONE HUNDRED (100) ENTRIES PER PERSON PER DAY DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY, INCLUDING ANY COMBINATION OF ENTRIES GENERATED BY EITHER OR BOTH OF THE METHODS DESCRIBED ABOVE. Any attempt to submit more than the stated limit on entries by any means, including but not limited to use of multiple accounts, identities, email addresses or otherwise is grounds for disqualification. Each individual must submit his/her own entries. A winner may not win multiple prizes. If a winner wins a prize in accordance with these Official Rules, then their entry will be disqualified for the remainder of the Sweepstakes. IF THE “HIT IT HERE” SIGN IS HIT AS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND IF YOU ARE NOT SELECTED AS A WINNER IN SUCH DRAWING FOLLOWING THE HIT, THEN YOUR ENTRY SHALL REMAIN ELIGIBLE FOR THE DURATION OF THE ENTRY PERIOD.
No third party entry or entry through any sweepstakes service is permitted. Any attempt to submit more than the stated limit on entries by any means, including but not limited to use of multiple Accounts, identities, email addresses or otherwise is grounds for disqualification. Each individual must submit his/her own entries. Use of robotic entry devices (including but not limited to entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means) is strictly prohibited.
Drawing. Each time an Eligible Home Run is hit (up to a maximum of three (3) times total during the Entry Period), one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of 1:00:01 p.m. ET on the day of that Home Game. The drawing will occur on or about two (2) business days after the date of the Home Game when the Eligible Home Run was hit. The Sweepstakes judges’ decisions and interpretations on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner and may refuse to award a prize to a person who is not eligible or has violated a rule, gained unfair advantage in the Sweepstakes, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. If a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with Sweepstakes rules, such winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be awarded the prize, time permitting. If there is a dispute about the identity of an entrant or winner, prize will be awarded to the natural person associated with the Account, subject to confirmation of eligibility. Winner will be notified by phone and/or email associated with their Account. Inability of Sponsor to contact winner by telephone and/or email within three (3) business days after selection may result in disqualification of such winner and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing. Prize will be mailed or otherwise delivered to each winner at the address or account provided by winner to Sponsor or its representative within five (5) business days after such winner has been notified and accepted the prize. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, then such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Each potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release; failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification and award of prize to an alternate winner.
Odds. The odds of winning in any drawing will depend on the number of eligible entries received for that drawing.
Winner(s) and Prize(s). There will be a maximum of three (3) prizes available to be awarded: If an Eligible Home Run has been hit, one (1) prize is available for each such hit (up to a maximum of three (3) total) as follows: $100,000.00 USD presented in the form of a check or wire transfer. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes available in this Sweepstakes is $300,000.00 USD.
No substitution or transfer of prize, except in Sponsor’s discretion. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including any applicable federal, state, and local taxes, are solely the responsibility of the winner.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE ANY SPONSOR-OWNED WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELATED SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
General Terms. By entering this Sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree to abide by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sweepstakes judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and the Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss of any kind arising out of your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of a prize. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS
THE SPONSOR, Rangers Baseball LLC (“RANGERS”), THE MLB ENTITIES, (DEFINED BELOW) AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND ASSIGNEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY OR ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, INACCURATE, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, UNDELIVERED OR GARBLED ENTRIES OR EMAIL; OR FOR LOST, INTERRUPTED OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK, SERVER, INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP), WEBSITE, OR OTHER CONNECTIONS, AVAILABILITY OR ACCESSIBILITY OR MISCOMMUNICATIONS OR FAILED COMPUTER, SATELLITE, TELEPHONE OR CABLE TRANSMISSIONS, LINES, OR TECHNICAL FAILURE OR JUMBLED, SCRAMBLED, DELAYED, OR MISDIRECTED TRANSMISSIONS OR COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES OR DIFFICULTIES, OR OTHER ERRORS OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER HUMAN, MECHANICAL, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, NETWORK, TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ERRORS OR DIFFICULTIES WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZE(S) OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED MATERIALS. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY SITE USERS, TAMPERING, HACKING, OR BY ANY EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS' OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. The "MLB Entities" means the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLB”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, each winner grants Sponsor, Sponsor’s designee(s), Rangers, the MLB Entities, and each of their respective designees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use winner’s name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind for advertising, promotion and other publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, including, without limitation, in social media advertisements and announcements.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other unintended circumstances have impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winner(s) in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries unaffected by the problem. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy in such circumstances.
Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy in such circumstances.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you further agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses. These rules and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the internal laws of the State of Texas without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of Texas for resolution of any disputes relating to the Sweepstakes and waive any objection thereto.
Winner’s Name. The name(s) of the winner(s) (the “Winner List”) are available after the Entry Period, please contact Sponsor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by November 1, 2023.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, administered or produced by the Rangers or any MLB Entity.
Major League Baseball and the Texas Rangers respective trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to Major League Baseball and the Texas Rangers, as applicable. All rights reserved.