The Blank Slate Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Introduction: The Blank Slate Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on Monday, February 5, 2024 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, February 23, 2024 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes is scheduled to coincide with the initial telecast of new episodes of the television program BLANK SLATE (the “Program”) airing on Game Show Network (“GSN”) during the Promotion Period. The Program is currently scheduled to air five (5) days per week (Monday through Friday) during the Promotion Period, for a total of fifteen (15) times during the Promotion Period. Each initial airing of an episode of the Program during the Promotion Period is referred to in these Official Rules as a “Show”. At the end of the Promotion Period, a random drawing (“Grand Prize Drawing”) will be conducted to select one (1) grand prize winner (“Winner”) from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period, as set forth more fully below. The Grand Prize Drawing is scheduled to take place on or about February 26, 2024. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Game Show Network, LLC (“Sponsor”), located at 2150 Colorado Avenue, Suite 100, Santa Monica, California 90404, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Program is currently scheduled to air on GSN Monday through Friday at 6:00 p.m. ET. Please check your local listings for the Program’s schedule, which is subject to change or preemption without notice. In the event all episodes of the Program are cancelled before airing, the Sweepstakes will also be cancelled and any prize(s) corresponding to the Promotion Period will not be awarded.
2. Eligibility: Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter. ONLY ENTRANTS LOGGING ONTO THE INTERNET FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT PHYSICALLY LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Those persons who are involved with the development, production or distribution of the Sweepstakes, or the supplying of prizing therefor, along with the officers, directors, agents and employees of Sponsor, Jackpocket Inc. (“Prize Provider”), Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates (all such individuals and entities referred to collectively as the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family members of and those living in the same household (whether related or not) as any of the individuals in the preceding categories are each ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
3. How To Enter: During each Show during the Promotion Period, Sponsor is scheduled to display a daily code word (the “Daily Code Word”) on screen during the Show’s first commercial break. Once an entrant has obtained the Daily Code Word, in order to enter the Sweepstakes, the entrant will need to visit www.jackpocket.com/gsn (“Website”) and follow the instructions to complete the entry form and submit the applicable Daily Code Word for the Sweepstakes. To complete the entry form, the entrant must enter his/her email address, state of residence and the applicable Daily Code Word. Once the entrant completes the entry form and submits the Daily Code Word, the participant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per person per day, for a total of fifteen (15) possible entries in the Sweepstakes.
All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. All required information on the entry form must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Proof of entering the Daily Code Word and information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry.
The potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification before the prize will be awarded. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entry must be made by the entrant, only as set forth herein. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Daily Code Word, or the Website, including but not limited to the use of any device or bot to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
4. Grand Prize Drawing: At the end of the Promotion Period, the potential Winner will be randomly selected in the Grand Prize Drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Winner Notification: The potential Winner will be notified by email using the contact information provided at the time of entry. The Promotion Entities shall have no liability for any Sweepstakes winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential Winner for any reason. Time is of the essence in awarding the prize. As a result, if, despite reasonable efforts, the potential Winner does not respond within five (5) days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the Grand Prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential Winner, such potential Winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate Winner may be selected. If the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected. Prize Provider will successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential Winners of the prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed Winner of the Grand Prize after such attempts have been made, the Grand Prize may go unawarded.
One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Winner will receive Five Thousand U.S. Dollars ($5,000) awarded in the form of a check issued in the Winner’s name. The Grand Prize will only be delivered to an address in the United States.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. General Prize Conditions: THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY PRIZE PROVIDER. SPONSOR’S AND PRIZE PROVIDER’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL SUCH ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR AND PRIZE PROVIDER WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED DEFECTIVE, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED. The Grand Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Any prizes pictured in point-of-sale, online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Sweepstakes materials or otherwise described on-air or otherwise are for illustrative purposes only. All details and restrictions of the Grand Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No substitution of the prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of comparable value if the prize is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. If the potential prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected. The Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. The Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Prize Provider for the total value of the Grand Prize. The Winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release and any other applicable forms required by tax authorities and/or Prize Provider (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If the winner is under the age of majority in such winner’s state of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s or Prize Provider’s option, the Grand Prize may either be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner, or the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. If the potential Winner (or, in the case of a minor, such minor potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian) cannot be identified, cannot be contacted or reached after a reasonable attempt has been made (as determined by Prize Provider or Sponsor in their sole discretion), fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days of notification or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential Winner may be disqualified and will not receive the Grand Prize.
The Promotion Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the Grand Prize. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE GRAND PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. General Liability Release/Force Majeure: Acceptance of the prize constitutes Winner’s (or any minor Winner’s parent or legal guardian) permission for the Promotion Entities to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, including but not limited to www.gameshownetwork.com, www.gsntv.com and/or www.jackpocket.com, and on Game Show Network’s and/or Jackpocket’s social media platforms, including, without limitation, Instagram, X (formerly known as Twitter), and Facebook. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that the Promotion Entities: (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Grand Prize; and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, to the Grand Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person, or to entrant's or any other person's computer or telephone equipment relating to or resulting from entering, participating in or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes or accessing the Website, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Promotion Entities are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes or any other contest, sweepstakes, promotion or event of any kind or nature sponsored or administered by Sponsor or its affiliate, subsidiary or parent companies, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The Promotion Entities reserve the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if the Promotion Entities determine, in their sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond the Promotion Entities’ control, including but not limited to cancellation, preemption, postponement, or delay of the broadcast of any Show, have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or the Promotion Entities are prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic or pandemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then the Promotion Entities shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, the Promotion Entities, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the date of the event giving rise to the discontinuance for the Grand Prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes herein will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between the Promotion Entities and any entrant in and/or Winner of the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably grants the Promotion Entities and each of their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, and any other personal characteristics, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and sweepstakes purposes as well as in, on or in connection with Sponsor’s programs, the Website or the Sweepstakes or other promotion, and each entrant and/or Winner(s) hereby release the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
11. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S OR COUNTRY’S LAWS.
12. Arbitration Provision: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) the entrant may have against the Promotion Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles, California; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the entrant’s and/or the applicable Promotion Entities’ individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or any Promotion Entity; and (8) if entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbiter; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
13. Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required Winner’s List, log onto www.gameshownetwork.com/winners or contact Prize Provider by email at email@example.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (with proper postage affixed) to: The Blank Slate Sweepstakes, “Winner’s Name”, Game Show Network, LLC, 2150 Colorado Avenue, Suite 100, Santa Monica, California 90404, Attn: Marketing Department. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.
© 2024 Game Show Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.