Referral Contest Terms & Conditions
Jackpocket Referral Challenge: Jackpocket’s Kinda Big Tournament Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ORDERING LOTTERY TICKETS DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN COLORADO, MINNESOTA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, TEXAS AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY.
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Jackpocket Referral Challenge (the “Contest”) is a contest where Jackpocket users can win prizes by making successful referrals that meet certain qualifications between March 18 to March 31. Qualifying referrals must be made in accordance with these Official Rules. The prize(s) will be awarded to entrant(s) who meet outlined thresholds for referrals. See below for the complete details.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Jackpocket with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must have a valid Jackpocket account in good standing, be physically located in Colorado, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Texas or the District of Columbia and be at least eighteen years of age or older at the time of entry. Contest is void in all other states, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Jackpocket, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to enter the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time. You are only permitted to enter this Contest individually and not on behalf of any other person or company.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by JackPocket Inc. (“Jackpocket” or “Sponsor”), a Delaware corporation with principal place of business at 8 West 40th Street, Floor 2, New York, New York 10018, USA.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) Zone in the United States on March 18 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on March 31 (“Contest Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, you must have a valid Jackpocket account in good standing. Jackpocket users then must simply visit the mobile app (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and use the “Play For Free” link in the side menu of the app to send friends your unique referral link to obtain referrals. As with all referrals (regardless of this Contest): (a) when your referrals sign up using your link, they will be prompted to download the Jackpocket app and create an account where their $2 free play will be waiting for them, and (b) after your referral funds their account, we let you know that your $10 credits are there. In order for a referral to count towards this Contest, however, the referral must meet the qualifications set forth in Section 6 below. We will maintain a tally of how many qualified referrals each Jackpocket user obtains over the Contest Period. Your first name, state, and number of referrals will be available to the general public via the Contest leaderboard.
Entries and referrals are void if they are obtained through fraud or late entry. All referrals will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Jackpocket account used at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Jackpocket authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person holding their Jackpocket account.
6. REFERRAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS. Referrals must meet the following criteria in order for the entrant to count such referral as a qualified referral in the Contest:
- Referred user must not have owned a Jackpocket account in the prior twelve months;
- Referred user must create a Jackpocket account, using the entrant’s unique referral link, and make a first-time deposit into the Jackpocket account during the Contest Period; and
- Referred user is only eligible to redeem one entrant’s referral link.
7. WINNERS: On or about April 6, 2020, winners will be chosen based on their number of successful qualified referrals. In the event of a tie, the value of the award will be split evenly among the tied entrants.
On or about April 6, 2020, the potential winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the criteria described herein. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential winner engages in a live conversation with Sponsor or when a message is left on the potential winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by the Sponsor, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release or similar document and provide any additional information and complete any additional documents that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential winners must return all such required documents within ten (10) business days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential winner will be selected based on the criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Referred users are not required to maintain a Jackpocket account beyond the thirty days following creation and may deactivate their account and request a full refund of the funds available in their account at such time.
8. PRIZES: The Contest includes the following prizes:
Grand Prize: The top referrer will receive $1,000 in withdrawable Jackpocket credits, placed into their Jackpocket account within five (5) business days following Jackpocket’s receipt of all requested documentation from such referrer (Approximate Retail Value $1,000);
Second Prize: The next five (5) top referrers will each receive $250 in withdrawable Jackpocket credits placed into their Jackpocket account within five (5) business days following Jackpocket’s receipt of all requested documentation from each such referrer (Approximate Retail Value $250 each); and
Third Prize: The next one hundred (100) top referrers will each receive $25 in withdrawable Jackpocket credits placed into their Jackpocket account within five (5) business days following Jackpocket’s receipt of all requested documentation from each such referrer (Approximate Retail Value $25 each).
The prizes will be awarded within approximately five (5) business days of receipt by Sponsor of final prize acceptance documents. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. The prize(s) may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the prize(s) and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. Contest Entities have not made and Contest Entities are not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize(s), regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize(s), including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. TAXES: PAYMENTS TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO JACKPOCKET ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY JACKPOCKET TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES JACKPOCKET IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit the tax documentation requested by Jackpocket or otherwise required by applicable law, to Jackpocket and/or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of the potential winner’s country of residence. Winners are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Jackpocket may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Jackpocket reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in Jackpocket’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Jackpocket.
12. PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to Sponsor and its agencies use of his or her first name, city, county, and state of resident, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
13. WARRANTY, INDEMNITY AND RELEASE: To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Contest Entities at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any violation of applicable laws or regulations by the entrant; (b) any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Contest; (c) any non-compliance by the entrant with these Rules; (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the entrant’s involvement with the Contest; and (e) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
Entrant releases Jackpocket from any liability associated with: (a) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site; (b) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or (c) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners; or (d) closure of the Contest for any reason, including without limitation threatened or actual litigation or other legal or governmental action.
14. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
15. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, including without limitation threatened or actual litigation or other legal or governmental action, Jackpocket reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without any liability to entrants, referrals or otherwise. Jackpocket further reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Jackpocket reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
16. FORCE MAJEURE: Jackpocket will not be liable or responsible to any entrant or any other person or entity, or be deemed to have defaulted under or breached these rules or this Contest, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of these rules or this Contest , when such failure or delay is caused by any: (i) acts of God; (ii) flood, fire, or explosion; (iii) war, terrorism, invasion, riot, or other civil unrest; (iv) embargoes or blockades; (v) national or regional emergency, including, without limitation, pandemics, epidemics, viral outbreaks (including, without limitation, the coronavirus known as COVID-19), and/or other health emergencies; (vi) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances; (vii) passage of law or governmental order, rule, regulation, or direction, or any action taken by a governmental or public authority, including but not limited to imposing a curfew, mandatory work stoppage, blockade, embargo, export or import restriction, quota, or other restriction or prohibition; or (viii) national or regional shortage of adequate power, telecommunications, transportation or transportation facilities.
17. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a Referral into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Jackpocket or the Contest Entities. You acknowledge that you have entered the Contest voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Jackpocket or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by your submission of a Referral under these Rules.
18. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and all entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
19. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided individually by binding arbitration. You are waiving your right to serve as a representative, as a private attorney general, or in any other representative capacity, and/or to participate as a member of a class of claimants, in any lawsuit filed against us and/or related third parties. All disputes between you and Jackpocket of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Trenton, New Jersey, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
20. SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media networks.
21. WINNER’S LIST: You may request a list of winners after May 1, 2020, but before December 1, 2020, by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: Jackpocket’s Kinda Big Tournament, Jackpocket Inc., 8 West 40th Street, Floor 2, New York, New York 10018, USA. (Residents of Vermont need not supply postage)